(Biology / Life Sciences MCQ: Multiple Choice Questions in Microbiology)
MCQ on Scientists & Discoveries in Microbiology Part 1
(Sample/Model/Practice Questions for NEET, AIPMT, M.Sc. and Medical Entrance Examination)
1. Scientist who demonstrated that open tubes of broth remained free of microbes when air was free of dust:
d. Francesco Redi
2. Who discovered bacterial transformation?
3. Who is known as the father of microbiology?
d. Robert Hook
4. Who is known as the father of medical microbiology?
5. Antiseptic properties were first described by:
6. Who developed small pox vaccine for the first time?
7. Who discovered the process of phagocytosis?
b. Robert Koch
c. Alexander Fleming
8. Who developed hybridoma technology for the first time?
b. Fire and Mello
c. Kohler and Milstein
9. Scientist(s) who proved DNA and not protein as the genetic material:
a. Hershey and Chase
b. Beadle and Tautum
10. The phenomenon of transformation was first described in:
a. E. coli
b. Bacillus substilis
11. Bacterial conjugation was discovered by:
b. Robert Koch
c. Lederberg and Tatum
d. Beadle and Tatum
12. Who invented the hanging drop method to study the motility of microbes?
13. The term ‘vaccine’ was coined by:
b. Robert Koch
d. Jenner and Pasteur
14. Who coined the term bacteriophage for the first time?
15. Who discovered Vibrio cholerae?
Biology / Life Sciences MCQ: Microbiology MCQ04: (Multiple Choice Questions / Model Questions / Sample Questions in Microbiology: Scientists and Discoveries in Microbiology with detailed answer key, explanations and references for preparing CSIR JRF NET Life Science Examination and also for other competitive examinations in Life Science / Biological Science such as ICMR JRF Entrance Exam, DBT BET JRF Exam, GATE (XL) Life Science Exam, GATE (BT) Biotechnology Exam, ICAR JRF Exam, University PG Entrance Exam, JAM Exam, GS Biology Exam, GRE, Medical Entrance Examination etc. This set of practice questions will help to build your confidence in Ecology to face the real examination. A large quantum of questions in our practice MCQ is taken from previous year question papers of various national and international Biology / Life Sciences competitive examinations. Please take advantage of our Lecture Notes, PPTs, Previous Year Questions, Mock Tests, and Video Tutorials for your preparation.
The answer key is prepared with best of my knowledge and all of them may not be correct. If you find any mistakes
in my decision, you should point it out and it will be appreciated. Contact: Admin.
1. Ans. (a). Tyndal
2. Ans. (b). Griffith
3. Ans. (c). Leewenhoek
4. Ans. (a). Koch
5. Ans. (c). Lister
6. Ans. (b). Jenner
7. Ans. (a). Mechnikov
8. Ans. (c). Kohler and Milstein
9. Ans. (a). Hershey and Chase
10. Ans. (c). Pneumococci
11. Ans. (c). Lederberg and Tatum
12. Ans. (d). Leeuwenhoek
13. Ans. (a). Pasteur
14. Ans. (c). De’Herelle
15. Ans. (a). Koch