(Biology / Life Sciences MCQ: Multiple Choice Questions in Microbiology)
Quizzes on Microbiology: Practice Test Part 2
(Sample/Model/Practice Questions for CSIR JRF/NET Life Science Examination, ICMR JRF Exam, DBT BET JRF Exam, GATE BT and XL Exam, ICAR JRF NE Exam, PG Entrance Exam, JAM Exam, GS Biology Exam and Medical Entrance Exam)
1. Glucans, Mannans and Chitin are found to be present in the cell wall of ______
2. _____ is a synthetic Antimicrobial drug against Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
3. Who isolated Streptococcus pneumonia for the first time?
a. Robert Koch
b. Edward Jenner
c. Antony von Leewenhock
d. Louis Pasteur
4. Botulinum toxin is a ________.
d. Nucleic acid
5. Tear drops are rich in ___________.
6. Ring worm is a disease caused by
c. Tape worm
d. Round worm
7. Microbes which are capable of growing over a wide range of temperature are called.
8. Leather is made from __________ of the skin
b. Both dermis and epidermis
c. Dermis and subcutaneous fatty tissue
9. Fragmentation of filamentous cyanobacteria generates small filaments called ________ that help in reproduction.
10. Hopanoids in prokaryotes are the equivalents of _______ in eukaryotes.
11. Proof reading is done by __________ subunit of E. coli DNA polymerase III
a. α subunit
b. ε subunit
c. chi subunit
d. tau subunit
12. ______ type of sigma factor is involved in the expression of housekeeping genes in E. coli.
a. σ ^70
b. σ ^54
c. σ ^48
d. σ ^32
13. Carbohydrates binding proteins are called______.
14. Mucopeptide is a component of cell wall in ______
a. Brown algae
b. Red algae
c. Green algae
d. Blue green algae
15. Light yellowish colour seen in Cow’s milk is due to the presence of _________.
Biology / Life Sciences MCQ: Microbiology MCQ02: (Multiple Choice Questions / Model Questions / Sample Questions in Microbiology: Practice Questions Part 2 with detailed answer key, explanations and references for preparing CSIR JRF NET Life Science Examination and also for other competitive examinations in Life Science / Biological Science such as ICMR JRF Entrance Exam, DBT BET JRF Exam, GATE (XL) Life Science Exam, GATE (BT) Biotechnology Exam, ICAR JRF Exam, University PG Entrance Exam, JAM Exam, GS Biology Exam, GRE, Medical Entrance Examination etc. This set of practice questions will help to build your confidence in Ecology to face the real examination. A large quantum of questions in our practice MCQ is taken from previous year question papers of various national and international Biology / Life Sciences competitive examinations. Please take advantage of our Lecture Notes, PPTs, Previous Year Questions, Mock Tests, and Video Tutorials for your preparation.
Answer Key and Explanations
The answer key is prepared with best of my knowledge and all of them may not be correct.
If you find any mistakes in my decision, you are welcome to point it out and it will be appreciated.
1. Ans. (c). Fungi
2. Ans. (d). Isoniazid
Isoniazid inhibits the mycolic acids synthesis in Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Mycolic acid is an essential component in the cell wall of Mycobacterium.
3. Ans. (d). Louis Pasteur
4. Ans. (a). Protein
Botulinum toxin is a protenaceous neurotoxin produced by Clostridium botulinum.
5. Ans. (c). Lysozyme
Lysozyme is an enzyme which degrade bacterial cell walls by catalyzing hydrolysis of 1,4-beta-linkages between N-acetylmuramic acid and N-acetyl-D-glucosamine residues in a peptidoglycan.
6. Ans. (a). Fungus
7. Ans. (d). Eurythermal
Stenothermal: can survive very narrow range of temperature
Thermotolerant: can tolerate high temperature
Thermophilic: Prefer high range of temperature, most of them are from Archaebacteria.
Eurythermal: organisms able to tolerate a wide range of temperature
8. Ans. (c). Dermis and subcutaneous fatty tissue
9. Ans. (c). Hormogonia
10. Ans. (d). Cholesterol
11. Ans. (b). ε subunit
12. Ans. (a). σ ^70
13. Ans. (b). Lectins
14. Ans. (d). Blue green algae
15. Ans. (a). Carotene