(Biology / Life Sciences MCQ: Multiple Choice Questions in Microbiology)
MCQ on Scientists & Discoveries in Microbiology Part 2
(Sample/Model/Practice Questions for NEET, AIPMT, M.Sc. and Medical Entrance Examination)
1. Who discovered Mycobacterium tuberculosis?
2. Mycobacterium lepree was discovered by:
3. Antibodies were discovered by:
c. Edelman and Porter
d. Edelman and Hess
4. Streptococcus pneumonia was discovered by:
5. Who discovered Bacillus anthacis?
6. Scientist who disproved theory of spontaneous generation:
7. Germ theory of disease was proposed by:
8. Who discovered the importance of Agar in culture media?
9. Diphtheria toxin was identified by:
a. von Behring
10. The theory of immunity was proposed by:
11. Who isolated E. coli for the first time?
b. Robert Koch
12. What is ‘Caduceus’?
a. A parasitic nematode
b. Symbol of medicine
c. A method of surgery
d. A method of anesthesia
13. Who discovered archaebacteria?
a. Carl Woese
14. The ‘Three Domain System of Classification” of organism is based on:
a. rRNA sequence
b. cyt-C sequence
c. rRNA and cyt-C sequence
d. Morphology and rRNA sequence
15. What is the peculiarity of Pandoravirus
a. Largest virus
b. Largest viral genome
c. Smallest virus
d. Smallest viral genome
Biology / Life Sciences MCQ: Microbiology MCQ05: (Multiple Choice Questions / Model Questions / Sample Questions in Microbiology: Scientists and Discoveries in Microbiology with detailed answer key, explanations and references for preparing CSIR JRF NET Life Science Examination and also for other competitive examinations in Life Science / Biological Science such as ICMR JRF Entrance Exam, DBT BET JRF Exam, GATE (XL) Life Science Exam, GATE (BT) Biotechnology Exam, ICAR JRF Exam, University PG Entrance Exam, JAM Exam, GS Biology Exam, GRE, Medical Entrance Examination etc. This set of practice questions will help to build your confidence in Ecology to face the real examination. A large quantum of questions in our practice MCQ is taken from previous year question papers of various national and international Biology / Life Sciences competitive examinations. Please take advantage of our Lecture Notes, PPTs, Previous Year Questions, Mock Tests, and Video Tutorials for your preparation.
The answer key is prepared with best of my knowledge and all of them may not be correct. If you find any mistakes
in my decision, you should point it out and it will be appreciated. Contact: Admin.
1. Ans. (a). Koch
2. Ans. (d). Hansen
3. Ans. (c). Edelman and Porter
4. Ans. (a). Pasteur
5. Ans. (a). Koch
6. Ans. (b). Pasteur
7. Ans. (a). Koch
8. Ans. (d). Hess
9. Ans. (a). von Behring
10. Ans. (b). Ehrlich
11. Ans. (a). Escherich
12. Ans. (b). Symbol of medicine
13. Ans. (a). Carl Woese
14. Ans. (a). rRNA sequence
15. Ans. (b). Largest viral genome