Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) will conduct the Joint CSIR-UGC JRF/NET examination twice a year tentatively on third or fourth Sunday of June and December every year for determining the eligibility of the Indian National candidates for the award of Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) NET and for determining eligibility for appointment of Lecturers (NET) in concerned subject areas falling under the faculty of Science & Technology. The award of Junior Research Fellowship (NET) to the successful eligible candidates will depend on their finding admission/placement in a university/ national laboratory/ institution of higher learning and research, as applicable.
A candidate may apply either for ‘JRF’ or for ‘Lectureship’ (LS) only. He/she may indicate his/her preference in the Online Application, as the case may be. CSIR may consider candidates for ‘JRF’, or ‘Lectureship only” depending on number of fellowships available & performance in the test subject to the condition that they fulfill the laid down eligibility criterion. If a candidate is found to be over-age for JRF (NET) he/she will automatically be considered for Lectureship (NET) only, except for Engineering Sciences.
Engineering Sciences candidates will only be eligible for CSIR JRF ship and are advised to opt for JRF only in the application form. Candidates with M.Sc. qualification or under M.Sc. Result Awaiting (RA) category shall be eligible for LS in the subjects except Engineering Sciences, subject to the eligibility criteria as laid down by the UGC.
Two separate merit lists, one comprising the candidates qualifying for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF – NET) and the second, of those candidates qualifying the Eligibility Test for Lectureship (NET), will be made on the basis of their performance in the above Test. Candidates qualifying for JRF (NET), except Engineering Sciences will also be eligible for Lectureship (NET) subject to fulfilling the eligibility criteria laid down by UGC. The candidates qualifying for Lectureship will be eligible for recruitment as Assistant Professors/Lecturers as well as for JRF-ship in a Scheme/Project, if otherwise suitable. However, they will not be eligible for Regular JRF-NET Fellowship. If a candidate is found to be overage for JRF (NET) he/she will automatically be considered for Lectureship-(NET) only. Candidates qualifying for the award of JRF (NET) will receive fellowship either from CSIR or UGC as per their assignment or from the Schemes with which they may find association. The candidates declared eligible for Junior Research Fellowship under UGC scheme and Lectureship will be governed by UGC rules/regulations in this regard.
The final result of the Single MCQ Test held on June may be declared sometime in the month of September/October of the same year and test held on December, the result will be declared sometime in the month of February/March of next year. The fellowship to successful candidates will be effective from 1st January after the examination with the validity period of 2 years for joining the fellowship under CSIR Scheme.
SUBJECTS OF THE TEST
The Test will be held in the subjects as given under:
- Chemical Sciences
- Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
BS-4 years program/BE/BTech/BPharm/MBBS/Integrated BS-MS/M.Sc. or equivalent degree with at least 55% marks for general and OBC-Non Creamy layer candidates (50% for SC/ST candidates, physically and Visually Handicapped candidates).
Candidates enrolled for M.Sc. or having completed 10+2+3 years of the above qualifying examination are also eligible to apply in the above subject under the Result Awaited (RA) category on the condition that they complete the qualifying degree with requisite percentage of marks within the validity period of two years to avail the fellowship from the effective date of award. Such candidates will have to submit the attestation format (Given at the reverse of the application form) duly certified by the Head of the Department/Institute (Principal/Director of the College) from where the candidate is appearing or has appeared.
B.Sc. (Hons) or equivalent degree holders or students enrolled in Integrated MS-Ph.D. program with at least 55% marks for general and OBC (Non Creamy layer) candidates; 50% marks for SC/ST candidates, physically and visually handicapped candidates are also eligible to apply. Candidates with bachelor’s degree, whether Science, engineering or any other discipline, will be eligible for CSIR fellowship only after getting registered/enrolled for Ph.D./Integrated Ph.D. program within the validity period of two years.
The eligibility for lectureship of NET qualified candidates will be subject to fulfilling the criteria laid down by UGC. Ph.D. degree holders who have passed Master’s degree prior to 19th September 1991, with at least 50% marks are eligible to apply for Lectureship only. The candidates with the above qualification are advised to fill up their degree with percentage of marks in column No. 18 to 21, as applicable.
AGE LIMIT AND AGE RELAXATION
For JRF (NET): Maximum 28 years as on first January of the current year. Upper age limit may be relaxed up to 5 years in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC, Physically handicapped/Visually handicapped and female applicants.
For LS (NET): No upper age limit.
DATE AND SCHEME OF THE TEST
The single paper MCQ based test will be held tentatively on third or fourth Sunday of June and December every year. The mark distribution will be as follows.
The subject-wise schedule of examination will be notified later by the CSIR. The subject-wise Schedule, date and timing of the Test is liable to be changed at the discretion of CSIR. To enable the candidates to go through the instructions printed on the OMR Answer Sheets and also to correctly fill up the required particulars in the said OMR Answer Sheet, the same will be distributed 15 minute before the schedule time of start of the examination. The question paper booklet shall be distributed 5 minutes before the scheduled time of the exam & candidates are permitted to take duplicate copy of their OMR Answer Sheet while leaving the exam venue. The actual number of questions in each part and section to be asked & attempted may vary from subject to subject.
The candidates will not be permitted to leave the examination hall before the expiry of 2-1/2 hours from the start of the exam (i.e., not before 11.30 AM in the morning session/4.30 PM in the afternoon session). The candidates leaving the exam venue at the end of the scheduled time of the exam (12.00 Noon – Morning Session or 5.00 PM Evening Session) as the case may be, are permitted to take their Question Booklet with them, but in case they leave the exam venue before the scheduled time, they shall not be permitted to carry the Question Booklet with them and shall hand over their Question Booklet to the invigilator.
Candidates should use only black ball point pen and not pencil to fill in their particulars in the OMR Answer Sheet/Question Paper Booklet and also to darken the appropriate circle to mark their answers in their OMR answer sheet. Candidates are not permitted to erase, scratch out or use whitener fluid/eraser fluid to change their answers in the OMR sheet otherwise that particular answer will not be evaluated.
The Question Booklet for this test will be printed in Hindi & English Version except in Engineering Sciences, where the question booklet will be printed in English version only. The candidate opting for Hindi medium in the Application Form, will be given bilingual Question Booklet and Candidate opting for English medium including candidates in Engineering Sciences, will be given Question Booklet printed in English Version only. The candidate will be required to answer as per option exercised in the application Form.
SYLLABUS OF THE TEST
The question paper shall be divided into three parts, (A, B & C) as per syllabus & Scheme of Exam.
- Part ‘A’ shall be common to all subjects including Engineering Sciences. This part shall contain questions pertaining to General Aptitude with emphasis on logical reasoning, graphical analysis, analytical and numerical ability, quantitative comparison, series formation, puzzles etc.
- In Engineering Sciences, Part ‘B’ shall contain questions pertaining to Mathematics & Engineering Aptitude & Part ‘C’ shall contain subject related multiple choice questions (MCQs), generally covering the topics in the syllabus.
And for other disciplines:
- Part ‘B’ shall contain subject-related conventional Multiple Choice questions (MCQs), generally covering the topics given in the syllabus.
- Part ‘C’ shall contain higher value questions that may test the candidate’s knowledge of scientific concepts and/or application of the scientific concepts. The questions shall be of analytical nature where a candidate is expected to apply the scientific knowledge to arrive at the solution to the given scientific problem.
- Negative marking for wrong answers, wherever required, shall be applicable as per subject wise scheme of Exam.
Syllabus & Scheme of Exam of single MCQ Paper may be seen can be downloaded from http://www.easybiologyclass.com/csir-jrf-net/csir-ugc-jrf-net-national-eligibility-test-examination-life-sciences-syllabus-latest/
The test will be held at 26 centres spread all over India, as specified below:
Bangalore, Bhavnagar, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Delhi, Guntur, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Imphal, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Karaikudi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Nagpur, Pilani, Pune, Raipur, Roorkee, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Udaipur and Varanasi.
A candidate may opt for any of the above centres. No request for change of centre would ordinarily be granted. However, a request in writing for change of Centre may be entertained on merits, if received in this unit latest by 20.04.2015. If sufficient number of candidates do not opt for any of the above Centres, that particular Centre may stand deleted from the above list OR otherwise also, the concerned candidates may be allotted another Centre nearest to their place of residence, at the discretion of CSIR. No TA/DA will be admissible to any candidate for attending the test, in any circumstances.
HOW TO APPLY:
Examination Fee: Candidates applying for the Test may deposit their Examination fee in any branch of the Indian Bank throughout the country by paying the following fee in cash:
Srinagar and Imphal candidates may deposit their fees through RTGS or NEFT by giving particulars of the Indian Bank, as notified in the fee deposit challan.
OBC candidates who are not covered under the provisions as applicable to OBC – Non Creamy Layer (NCL) candidates shall be treated as a General Category candidates for all purposes.
APPLY THROUGH ONLINE APPLICATION:
Interested & eligible candidates may apply Online through a link available at CSIR, HRDG website: www.csirhrdg.res.in In order to apply Online the candidates are required to download Bank challan Performa from the above website and then deposit the requisite examination fee in any of the Indian Bank branches throughout the country. Candidates after successfully submitting application online are required to take print out of the Application Form, paste his/her recent black & white photograph, put his/her signature at the required space, attach requisite certificates and send along with CSIR marked copy of fee deposited Bank Challan in an envelope super scribed with Subject Code, Centre Code & Medium Code to:
Sr. Controller of Examination
Human Resource Development Group,
The filled application form should reach on or before date specified by the CSIR officials. Before applying Online, candidates are advised to go through detailed notification available at CSIR, HRDG website.
Online applications without hard copy or bank challan receipt or incomplete in any respect will be summarily rejected. Candidates should note that successful submission of online application does not mean that they have been registered for this test. To ensure their candidature, candidates should check their registration status on CSIR website tentatively between 15th May to 20th in the case of June notification and 15th November to 20th November in the case of December notification and usually afterwards their request shall not be considered.
Examination fee paid through Bank Challan for a particular examination will neither be adjusted for any subsequent examination nor refunded under any circumstances. Candidates should also check all the columns of Bank Challan, online application, which are to be filled in properly to avoid cancellation of application.
Please note that Fee submitted by any other mode like money order, demand draft, IPO etc. will be summarily rejected.
IN ORDER TO AVOID LAST MINUTES RUSH, THE CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO APPLY EARLY ENOUGH. CSIR WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR NETWORK PROBLEM OR ANY OTHER SUCH TYPE OF PROBLEM
CANDIDATE SEEKING FEE CONCESSION
The candidate should attach an attested copy of his/her category certificate as a proof of his/her claim. An application form (through online), claiming any concession in fee, age & educational qualification but without an attested copy of a valid SC/ST/OBC(NCL)/PH/VH certificate from a competent authority and in prescribed format, will be summarily rejected. OBC candidates, who are not covered vide the provision of Non Creamy Layer (NCL) as per the provisions of Govt. of India shall not be eligible to get the benefit of relaxation in age, fee concession etc.
Candidate must note that CSIR follows only Central Govt. lists and not state Govt. lists. Similarly, candidate applying under physically handicapped (PH)/ visually handicapped (VH) category may note that Govt. of India rules will be applicable in this regard; otherwise they shall not be eligible for any concession.
THE FEE MAY BE DEPOSITED IN ANY BRANCH OF INDIAN BANK ON ALL INDIA BASIS
THE LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORM:
The hard copy of the online application form, duly completed with requisite enclosure should be sent by ordinary post to the Sr. Controller of Examination, Examination Unit, Human Resource Development Group, CSIR Complex, Opposite Institute of Hotel Management, Library Avenue, Pusa, New Delhi 110012 so as to reach Examination Unit CSIR on or before the declared date by CSIR.
For candidates applying from Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Ladakh Division of J&K State, Lahaul and Spiti district of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Lakshdweep, may get 5-6 days more to send the application forms (for details, see the notifications).
The candidates are advised in their own interest to apply early enough to ensure timely receipt of their applications by the Examination Unit on or before the closing date. CSIR shall not be responsible for any postal delay/loss in transit of the application.
- While applying for this test, please ensure that you fulfill all the eligibility conditions and follow all the laid down procedures/guidelines for this test.
- While applying Online, apply early enough to avoid any last minute rush.
- Ensure that completed Hard Copy of Online application along with requisite enclosures must reach this office within stipulated last date for receipt.
- List of candidates registered for this test will be made available on the CSIR website tentatively on 15 days before the examination. The candidates must refer to the CSIR website for checking their registration in time & for having updates from time to time.
- Facility for downloading e-Admission Certificates to the registered candidates will be provided on CSIR website www.csirhrdg.res.in. No paper Admission Certificate will be sent by post. No duplicate e-admission certificate shall be issued to the candidates at the Exam centre. CSIR will not be responsible for any delay on the part of the candidates.
- The Question Booklet for this test will be printed in Hindi & English Version except in Engineering Sciences, where the question booklet will be printed in English version only. The candidate opting for Hindi medium in the Application Form, will be supplied bilingual Question Booklet and Candidate opting for English medium will be supplied Question Booklet printed in English Version only. The candidate will be required to answer as per option exercised in the application Form.
- The candidates who opts Engineering Sciences as a subject will be eligible only for CSIR-JRF and not for UGC-JRF/LS. Accordingly candidates are advised to opt/fill up column No. 3 for JRF only on the application form carefully to avoid rejection/cancellation of the application form.
- The actual number of questions in each Part and Section to be asked and attempted may vary from subject to subject.
- Candidates enrolled for M.Sc. or having completed 10+2+3 years of the required qualifying Exam may apply under Result Awaited (RA) category & submit attestation format as given in the application form.
- More than one application form from a candidate opting different subject (s) will not be accepted in any case.
- Candidate should exercise due care in filling up the application form. In case of any error on the part of the candidate, he/she will be held solely responsible for any loss suffered by him/her. No change in the entries made in the original application form will be allowed under any circumstances at later stage.
- No relevant column of the application form should be left blank. Incomplete or defective applications shall be summarily rejected.
- No candidates shall be permitted to leave the Exam Hall before the expiry of 2-1/2 Hours from the start of the exam.
- The candidates leaving the exam venue at the end of the scheduled time of the exam are permitted to take their Question Booklet, but in case they leave the exam venue before the scheduled time, they shall not be permitted to carry the Question Booklet and shall hand over their Question Booklet to the invigilator.
- Candidates, whenever leaving the Exam Hall is permitted to carry duplicate copy of their OMR Answer Sheet for their record.
- The OMR Answer Sheets shall be distributed to the candidates 15 minutes before the scheduled start of the exam while the Question Booklet shall be distributed 5 minutes before the scheduled start of the exam to enable the candidates to go through the instructions and correctly fill up the required particulars.
- No individual intimation by any mode will be sent to the candidates
- Hard copy of the online Application along with the enclosure(s) should be sent in their own envelope after super scribing the Subject Code, Centre Code, Medium Code & online generated application No. on top of the envelope.
- A photocopy of the hard copy of the online application sent to Exam Unit must be retained by the candidate & online generated application number must be preserved by the candidates to download his/her e-admission certificate before the examination. Examination Unit will not entertain any request on this issue.
- OBC candidates who are not covered under the provisions as applicable to OBC Non Creamy Layer (NCL) shall be treated as a General Category candidates for all purposes and shall not be eligible to get the benefit of relaxation in age & fee concession etc. Accordingly, OBC Candidates not belonging to OBC Non Creamy Layer shall indicate their category as ‘General’.
OTHER GENERAL INFORMATION:
- The candidates are advised to go through the notification and notification(s) including terms & conditions given/uploaded on CSIR website for this test. The candidate must satisfy themselves regarding their eligibility for this test before applying for this test.
- Candidates must read the terms and conditions for CSIR /UGC Research Fellowships/LS on the respective websites.
- Candidate applying for this test will be required to deposit fee through Bank challan in any branch of Indian Bank and then apply using link available at CSIR, HRDG website. After successfully submitting the application, candidates are required to take a printout on A4 size paper, affix black &white photograph at designated space & sign across it, get it endorsed by the HOD (for RA category only) and send it along with copy of Bank challan and other requisite enclosure(s) if any, by writing at the top of the envelope his/her Subject Code, Centre Code, Medium Code and online generated application number. Srinagar and Imphal candidates may deposit their fees though RTGS and NEFT by giving the particulars of the Indian Bank as stated in para 5.1
- Candidates must note that mode of payment of fee is Bank challan from Indian Bank only. Fee submitted through any other mode viz. IPO/demand draft/money order/ CRF stamp etc. will not be accepted. Incomplete application or application submitted in any other format will be summarily rejected and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- The eligible candidates, in their own interest, are advised to keep Certificate of Postage if in existence and photocopy of both sides of the completed Application Form online generated application form no. (which is required to check your registration status from our website and also to download e-admission certificate before the Exam) and three identical copies of the passport size photographs which has been affixed on the Application Form.
- Candidates should see detailed notification and Instruction for applying online at CSIR website www.csirhrdg.res.in and apply early enough to avoid any last minute rush and also keep watching the website for further notifications/e-admit card etc.
- Candidates should ensure that the signatures appended by them in all the places viz. in their application form, Attendance Sheet etc. and in all the correspondence with the CSIR, should be identical and there should be no variation of any kind.
- Any change in address of correspondence should be promptly brought to the notice of Examination Unit within the prescribed period (see notification for date)
- The Center and date of the Test are liable to be changed at the discretion of CSIR. No TA/DA will be paid to the candidates by the CSIR.
- Candidates should note that their candidature is strictly provisional till their joining. No candidate will be admitted to the Test unless he/she holds the e-admission Certificate to the Test. The mere fact that an e-Admission Certificate has been issued to a candidate will not imply that the Council has finally accepted his/her candidature. Candidates e-admission certificate particulars/photo and signature should tally with the actual candidate who is to appear in the exam, otherwise he/she shall not be allowed to appear in the exam.
- The candidates declared successful will be required to submit a copy of their e-Admit Card, matriculation certificate as a proof of age, required degree certificate/mark sheet, proof of enrolment in integrated MS/Ph.D. program to Examination Unit, Human Resource Development Group, CSIR Complex, Opposite Institute of Hotel Management, Library Avenue, Pusa, New Delhi 110012 for verification etc. The result of the passed out candidates will be displayed on the website www.csirhrdg.res.in. No separate intimation letter will be issued to the successful candidates.
- Candidates may note that the verification of essential eligibility conditions of a candidate with reference to the documents as may be called for, will be taken up only by the Lecturer appointing/JRF awarding authorities after the candidate has qualified in the Test. The candidate should note that their candidature is strictly provisional till their joining.
- Candidates may please note that all communications to CSIR should invariably contain the following particulars, failing which no response is possible:
Name of the candidate (in full and in BLOCK LETTERS)
- Date of Birth
- Application Online No.
- Medium of Exam
- Centre for Examination
- Please note that no correspondence will be entertained for any matter for which last date has been expired.
- In all matters the decision of the CSIR as to the eligibility or otherwise of a candidate for admission to the Test or his/her subsequent qualifying in the Test shall be final.
- Any attempt on the part of a candidate to obtain support for his / her candidature by any means may disqualify him/her for admission to the examination.
- A candidate who is found guilty of impersonation or of submitting fabricated documents or documents which have been tampered with or of making statements which are incorrect or false or of suppressing material information or otherwise resorting to any other irregular or improper means for obtaining admission to the examination, or of using or attempting to use unfair means or absconded with OMR Answer sheet/Question booklet un-authorized or of misbehavior in the examination hall, may, in addition to rendering himself liable to criminal prosecution:
- Be debarred by the CSIR from this test and future tests also.
- Will be liable to disciplinary action under the appropriate rules, if he/she is already in service under Government/Autonomous Bodies/UGC/CSIR.
- All disputes pertaining to the NET Examination shall fall within the jurisdiction of Delhi only.
- CSIR will not be responsible for any printing error in this Advertisement.
You may also like…
@. CSIR Model question papers
Please Share for your Students, Colleagues, Friends and Relatives…