(Biology / Life Sciences MCQ: Multiple Choice Questions in Ecology)
MCQ on Environmental Sciences
(Sample/Model/Practice Questions for CSIR JRF/NET Life Science Examination, ICMR JRF Exam, DBT BET JRF Exam, GATE BT and XL Exam, ICAR JRF NE Exam, PG Entrance Exam, JAM Exam, GS Biology Exam and Medical Entrance Exam)
1. Which of the following statement best describe a seral community in an ecological succession?
a. Less stable
b. More aggressive
c. More diversity but less stability
d. More adaptability but less stability
2. Which of the following is NOT an adaptation of a hydrophyte?
a. Less parenchyma in the stem
b. Less cuticle over the epidermis
c. Stomata on the upper side of the leaf
d. Poorly developed root system
3. The leaf like structure seen in the Acacia plant is:
4. Mycorrhizal symbiotic association in plants with fungi helps in the absorption of which component from the soil?
5. The process of dendrochronology cannot be applied to plants living in___
a. Trees in the tropical areas
b. Trees in the temperate areas
c. Trees growing in the region of equators
d. Trees growing in the alpine regions