Biology MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions in Life Science)
(Sample/Model/Practice Questions for JRF/NET Life Science Examination, ICMR JRF, DBT JRF, GATE, ICAR NET, PG Entrance)
Biochemistry: Carbohydrates Part 3 (MCQ 04)
1. Which of the following is an example for a trisaccharide?
2. Chrysolaminarin is ________.
a. A storage polysaccharide of green algae
b. A storage polysaccharide of brown algae
c. A storage polysaccharide of red algae
d. A storage polysaccharide of diatoms
3. Which of the following is an example for an artificial sweetener of saccharide origin?
d. All of these
4. In a chemical reaction ‘X’ is able to convert Cu2+ ions to Cu+ ions. If ‘X’ is a carbohydrate, which of the following best explains to be the ‘X’?
a. ‘X’ is a reducing sugar
b. ‘X’ is a non-reducing sugar
c. ‘X’ is a monosaccharide
d. Both (a) and (b)
e. Both (a) and (c)
5. Which of the following is a reducing sugar?
a. Glucose in closed ring form
b. Glucose in open chain form